Backpack OB 48 - Challenge ULTRA - black
The OrangeBrown OB 48 backpack is a frameless lightweight hiking pack made from high quality Challenge ULTRA, with a volume of 48L (2900 cubic inch). The pack features a roll top closure, flat bottom, padded hip belt, and three external pockets. The main compartment is shaped slightly narrower towards the bottom so that the side pockets don't obstruct arm movement when walking.
Handmade in Australia.
Don't know what size you need? How to choose the backpack size
- 48L volume = 36L main compartment + 12L pockets
- easy roll top closure with single 15mm webbing strap
- flat bottom
- generously sized front pocket - 6L
- 3D side pockets; right pocket is angled forward for easy access to water bottle while hiking
- left pocket is taller for extra volume (e.g. fits HydraPak Seeker 4L bladder or 220g gas cartridge + Toaks Light 700mL pot)
- all pockets are adjustable with a cord lock; the shock cord runs through the channel for easy replacement if necessary
- side compression using LineLoc 3 and 2.5mm cord
- load lifters (keep in mind this is a frameless pack)
- shoulder straps are 6.5cm wide and 10mm thick, with 3mm 3D mesh on the inside
- padded 12cm wide hip belt with 25mm webbing and dual adjustable buckle
- sternum strap with emergency whistle
- ice axe webbing loop and two 3mm shock cord adjustable loops for hiking poles
- 16 webbing loops in multiple locations for extra compression or tie down if needed
- additional 2.5m of 2mm shock cord provided for criss-crossing over the front pocket
- available in 3 sizes to fit torso length
Ultra 100: Front pocket
Ultra 200: Front panel, side pockets and shoulder straps
Ultra 400: Back panel and hip belt
height 75cm when top has been rolled to close
height 85cm unrolled
top circumference 100cm
bottom circumference 82cm
Small: min 70cm (27.5 inch), max 115cm (45 inch)
Medium: min 75cm (29.5 inch), max 120cm (47 inch)
Large: min 80cm (31.5inch), max 125cm (49 inch)
If your size is sold out... just contact us!
We are a small business and have only limited stock available, but we can make the pack you need. Please get in touch and we'll let you know how long it will take.