Backpack OB 48 - Challenge ULTRA - black
The OrangeBrown OB 48 backpack is a frameless lightweight hiking pack made from high quality Challenge ULTRA, with a volume of 48L (2900 cubic inch). The pack features a roll top closure, flat bottom, padded hip belt, and three external pockets. The main compartment is shaped slightly narrower towards the bottom so that the side pockets don't obstruct arm movement when walking.
Handmade in Australia.
Don't know what size you need? How to choose the backpack size
- 48L volume = 36L main compartment + 12L pockets
- easy roll top closure with single 15mm webbing strap
- flat bottom
- generously sized front pocket - 6L
- 3D side pockets; right pocket is angled forward for easy access to water bottle while hiking
- left pocket is taller for extra volume (e.g. fits HydraPak Seeker 4L bladder or 220g gas cartridge + Toaks Light 700mL pot)
- all pockets are adjustable with a cord lock; the shock cord runs through the channel for easy replacement if necessary
- side compression using LineLoc 3 and 2.5mm cord
- load lifters (keep in mind this is a frameless pack)
- shoulder straps are 6.5cm wide and 10mm thick, with 3mm 3D mesh on the inside
- padded 12cm wide hip belt with 25mm webbing and dual adjustable buckle
- sternum strap with emergency whistle
- ice axe webbing loop and one 3mm shock cord adjustable loops for hiking poles
- 16 webbing loops in multiple locations for extra compression or tie down if needed
- available in 3 sizes to fit torso length
Something not available? Contact us.
We are a small business and have only limited stock. Please get in touch to find out when something will be available.
I normally reply within 2 days. If you have not heard back, please check your spam folder.